Prepare for the 2015-2016 Competition
There will be no competition in the 2014-2015 season. The 8th Connie Fritz Memorial Youth Concerto Competition will be held in January 2016.
- Pieces must be no longer than 15 minutes.
- Entry fee is $10.
- Open to music students in Marion, Polk, and Yamhill counties, up to and including high school seniors.
It is strongly encouraged that you approve your repertoire selection with the SCO office (email email@example.com or call 503-480-1128). This is only concerning instrumentation – the work must be appropriate for chamber orchestra (so, probably no Rachmaninoff, Mahler, Tchaikovsky… if the orchestra needs three trombones and a tuba, we probably can’t play it!). The office’s approval of repertoire does NOT imply a recommendation for a successful competition piece, only whether the instrumentation is appropriate for a chamber orchestra.
- Classical Guitar
- Grand Prize: The opportunity to solo with SCO and a cash prize of $500
- Second Place: A cash prize of $250
- Third Place: A cash prize of $200
- Fourth Place: A cash prize of $150
- Grand Prize — 2013 — Hannah Raschko, trombone, McNary High School — Read More…
- Grand Prize — 2012 — Sasha Siclait, mezzo soprano, North Salem High School — Read More…
- Grand Prize — 2011 — Andrew Ponec, cello, Sprague High School
- Grand Prize — 2009 — Brady Schmidt, marimba, North Salem High School
- Grand Prize — 2008 — Melanie Rau, soprano, North Salem High School
- Grand Prize — 2007 — Patricia Cardona, flute, North Salem High School